Friday, September 28, 2012

More Gintama!


 


THIS IS THE GREATEST NEWS EVER!!!1!11oneon!

Sket Dance "handing over the baton" to Gintama
Yes, for those who are late to get this month-old news - like me - you can now rejoice, because according to Anime News Network, Gintama will start airing new episodes on October 4th. Gintama will be returning. Sket Dance will be handing over it's time slot to Gintama.Which really makes me wanna check out Sket Dance. But this post is about Gintama!

For those who don't know about Gintama, I feel sorry for you, because the parody/comedy goldmine that is Gintama is easily the series (anime or not) that I have laughed the most and the hardest to. I must have laughed myself to tears at least two dozen times while watching this. I wouldn't call it the "best" comedy, because they do have some episodes here and there that either focus on serious action (episodes I don't like at all) or touching drama (which is really moving sometimes and really boring other times). But it is without a shred of doubt the funniest series I've ever seen with it's character's outrageous reactions, deformed facial expressions, out-of-the-blue parodies, meta jokes, toilet humor, and constant fake-outs that they're getting cancelled.

Watch to episode 25 at least, dammit!
Now, if you haven't seen it but is planning to, keep in my mind that the first 15 to 20 episodes are among the worst of the entire series. I know, it's pretty inconveniant. But the way I view it is as some sort of test: "Get through these 'meh' episodes and you'll be rewarded with over 200 episodes of pure gold".

I remember once a few years ago when I felt really blue over a certain thing and nothing seemed to help. I felt down the entire day. Then I began watching the latest Gintama episode and I didn't even make it through the opening sequence before I had a huge grin on my face. It's truly the best 'pick me up' there is :)

I usually try not to overhype things I think are really good. But I just can't help it in this case, I love this series THAT much. And if you don't like it, well that's your opinion - but it's a stupid opinion. How can you not love stuff like this?

Let's go people-sledding!

No comments:

Post a Comment