Tuesday, September 25, 2012

CCENT

I have recently started studying for Cisco's CCENT certificate - "Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician". I mainly began doing this so that I could have an "advantage" when looking for entry level IT jobs. And if I want higher than entry level positions I'll try to go for Cisco's higher level certificate - CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate).

I used to think I was pretty good at this kind of stuff. But after having seen a few video lectures on this stuff, I realized just how poor my knowledge on this stuff is :)

Which is one reason why I really love studying for this stuff. Another reason is that this subject simply really interests me. I really want to know more about this subject. And I want to be able to do this for a living, or even as something I can brag about being able to do :P
Not to mention how many different kinds of jobs one's able to find with these kinds of certificates. And of course, the higher certificate 'levels' one has, the more different kinds - and higher payed - jobs one can find.

A minor downside to taking this certificate is that I need a job to be able to take because I need to travel to Stockholm - which costs a bit of money - and pay about $150 to take the exam. There's of course no certainty that I'll pass it on my first try either.
In the future I would really like to be able to take their highest certificate - the CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) - which has been said to be the equivalent of getting a Ph.D and is generally reported as the highest salaried certification in IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment