Monday, September 24, 2012

Movie review: Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy



A friend of mine and I felt in the mood to watch a really silly comedy, and since neither of us had seen Anchorman in at least 5 years, we decided to rewatch it. And it was most definitely worth it :)

I haven't laughed this hard in several weeks. I nearly keeled over laughing in the "fight scene" and the scene following that. Not only that, it's also one of the few times when I've seen that particular friend of mine laugh just as hard. So we certainly enjoyed the movie.

One thing I just have to say is that it was actually sillier than I remembered. And I remembered it to be pretty damn silly. So effectively - it was ultra-silly! So much of the entire movie seems to be adlibbed. There are entire scenes where I wouldn't be surprised if it was completely made up of us Will Ferrell adlibbing the entire thing. One example that comes into mind is when Ferrell is having a conversation with his dog, Baxter, quite early on in the film.

While this isn't a "good film" by my standards, it is exactly what it advertises that it is, and it works extremely well. And therefor, I feel no quarrel with giving Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy an;

8/9

And I willl now anxiously await Anchorman 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment