Friday, May 25, 2012

Started: Supernatural

Supernatural is a TV series centering around two brothers, Sam and Dean, whose been trained to fight demonic and various other supernatural phenomenon by their father after their mother was killed by one when they were small children.

When I first heard of this series and saw the main actors I quickly shuffled it off as another bad or mediocre fantasy or sci-fi (since they usually wear the same quality brand) series. Then I caught a few episodes on TV and I was - to put it mildly - impressed. Good writing, acting, production value, entertaining and free from that lame and dorky atmosphere those type of series usually are infested with, nor is it filled to brink with juvenile melodrama like Smallville for example.
This show dark, cool, interesting, but also funny. The best part of the series is the interaction between the two brothers.

So I decided to buy the first season dvd because I have a crappy limited internet and the dvd was cheap. After seeing the first three episodes I can definitely say that it was a worthy purchase.

It was however difficult to decide whether I should have bought this or the first season of the most praised TV series since the first season of Dexter - Breaking Bad. Personally, I do think that Breaking Bad is probably the better series of the two, but I'm just not in the mood for it at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment